The general meeting of the employees of ---------------------- (name of the unit) held on 9th September 2009 noted with discernment of the dashed expectation of conciliatory approach your offices reciprocated on the said meeting in resolving the issues agreed in the meeting NFAEE office bearers had with your offices on 11th February 2009.
This meeting still hopes that the positive approach expressed during the meeting can become fruitful as the said meeting discussed the issues elaborately and the outcome of the meeting generated a lot of positive expectations.
This meeting thanks the efforts put forward by the department particularly by your offices and Additional Secretary, DAE for realisation of PRIS and Cadre Review.
The general meeting further noted that the following issues, discussed in the meeting held on 11th February 2009, are not resolved which was assured to consider favourably.
1. Permanent bilateral Machinery to have bilateral discussion with NFAEE on various issues
2. Pay parity with DOS, if the contention of inferior to DOS pay scales is right.
3. OTA revision for R&D and other non industrial units
4. Entry level pay for the Technical Staff in the pre revised pay of Rs4000 – 100 – 6000.
5. Cadre Restructuring of auxiliary staff to ensure the promotion benefit
6. Promotional norms for Canteen Staff
7. One more option to switch over from CPF to GPF
8. Merger of pay scales S2 & S3 as S2A (elongated pay scale)
9. Continuation of Transport Facility
After the meeting on 11th February 2009, it is understood that the Ministry concerned turned down the proposal to extend one more option to switch over from CPF to GPF and DAE communicated the continuation of Transport facility was not feasible by quoting just one argument placed by the Federation.
As directed by your offices NFAEE submitted detailed note on various issues to the officers concerned and the NFAEE office bearers made in person presentation with authorities concerned on the subject matters, your offices wished elaboration. Further the Federation office bearers also visited the offices of Additional Secretary, DAE and other officer in IR Section of DAE and explained the outcome of the meeting with officials concerned on the matters required fair deal, and justification of the weightage assigned to these issues.
This meeting noted with great concern that the unresolved issues and on the resultant implementation of PRIS and Cadre Review compounded the grievences of the employees.
In this changed scenario, this meeting felt that a detailed discussion at your level will only resolve the issues, otherwise the stop gap measures attempted/ attempting by the authorities concerned will multiply wrongness.
· For example the promotion of T/E to T/F1 is given in the same pay band and Grade Pay and in the administrative parlance, it can not be termed as promotion
· Likewise up gradation directive of government to award Group D personnel into pay band and Grade pay of Group C affecting the promotional hierarchy and the promotion avenues are punching.
· Likewise the posts of Sr. Clerk & Assistant and Purchase Assistant/Store Keeper & Sr. Purchase Assistant/Sr. Store Keeper in Administration and Purchase respectively denied the promotional benefit.
· The amended promotion norms defacto bracketed the Scientific Assistant as wasting cadre and denied them their chance of cadre change and worst, degraded the erstwhile Group A Scientific Assistants into Group B posts.
· On the issue of proper remuneration for the round the clock shift personnel manning all process are deprived of the Night Duty Allowance as well as NRPSA in actual and also in the case of Over Time Allowance for employees serving in non industrial units.
This meeting immensely feel that in alleviating the uncertainty on the implementation of awarded benefits, our department is none to other departments, but the spirit of your offices’ directive desire into action, not percolating to the lower most Group D employee of due pay and promotion.
With this diminishing conviction scenario, this meeting overwhelmingly felt that the concrete solutions to these issues listed on the fall out of other developments like PRIS, Cadre Review, Classification of posts etc require your kind attention and fair remedy. To score this remedy, this meeting seek earliest discussion with NFAEE as the euphoria of the positive atmosphere generated by your office on 11th February 2009 shall not go empty.
This meeting further calls upon the Director/Chief Executive (as the case may be), ------------- (name of the unit) to make all out efforts to arrange a meeting with Chairman AEC for immediate bilateral discussion with NFAEE to resolve the issues.