National Federation of Atomic Energy Employees
DEPARTMENT OF ATOMIC ENERGY
Recognised by DAE vide DAE OM No. 8/1/2007 – IR&W/95 dated 13th June 2007
NFAEE Office, Opp. NIYAMAK BHAVAN, Anusaktinagar, Mumbai 400 094
Ref. No: nfaee/sg/15/151 01.08.2015
Hope all the affiliates may hold the meetings of the Executive/Managing Committee of the respective unions and associations and debated the decisions taken in the General Council Meeting of NFAEE held at Mumbai on 20th & 21st July 2015.
The General Council Meeting endorsed the call given by the Confederation of Central Government Employees & Workers to go for one day strike along with the entire Trade Unions and Middle Class Workers organizations.
The Confederation of Central Government Employees & Workers took decision in its National Executive Meeting held on 12th July 2015 to serve Notice for Strike on 11th August 2015 to the Head of the Department.
Draft copy of the strike notice to be served by affiliates, Strike notice by NFAEE along with Charter of Demand, Resolution adopted in the General council meeting, brief explanatory note issued by Confederation, etc are attached with this letter. Explanatory note of Charter of demand for pamphlets in English shall be send in due course. The signed copy of the strike notice serving by NFAEE shall be scanned and send to all affiliates before 11th August 2015.
All the affiliates are requested to convene the Committee meetings and take necessary decisions to serve strike notice, arrange campaign meetings, for participating joint meetings being arranged by the Confederation state/district committees, central trade unions, etc and printing pamphlets.
Also all are requested to send feed back to the head quarters immediately after convening the committee meeting to communicate the decisions taken at unit level and after implementation.
With fraternal Greetings.
Address for Correspondence: Jayaraj. KV, Secretary General, NFAEE
PESS/UED; BARC, Trombay, Mumbai 400 085
Tel. No: (O): 022 – 25596519; (Res): 022 – 25554179; (Mobile): 9869501189
RESOLUTION ADOPTED BY GENERAL COUNCIL MEETING OF THE NATIONAL FEDERATION OF ATOMIC ENERGY EMPLOYEES HELD ON
20TH & 21ST JULY 2015 AT MUMBAI
1. The General Council Meeting of NFAEE held on 20th & 21st July 2015 unanimously endorsed the call given by the Confederation of Central Government Employees & Workers to participate in the one day nationwide strike on 2nd September 2015 declared by the Central Trade Unions and independent Federations in the country for organizing to oppose the ongoing aggressive neo-liberal economic policies of the Government of India and delay and denial tactics adopted by the Government on various demands of the Central Government Employees.
2. The General Council Meeting called upon all its affiliates to organise intensive mobilization campaign to reach out to each and every Nuclear Worker and make the industrial action a grand success.
3. The General Council meeting endorsed the decision taken by the Confederation that besides the National charter of demands of prepared by the Central Trade Unions, the 10-point Charter of demands of the JCM staff side National Council shall form the combined charters of demands of the Central Government employees for the strike action on 2nd September 2015.
4. The meeting noted with grave concern the rejection of a 5 years wage revision for Central Government Employees by the 7th Pay Commission and consequent demand of the benefit of merger of DA an Interim Relief. The meeting also noted the advisory articles appearing in the corporate/controlled media against the wage revision of Central Government Employees to influence the recommendation of the 7th CPC. The meeting decided to exhort the affiliates to bring the contents of the memorandum submitted to the 7th Central Pay Commission by NFAEE and the staff side JCM and other common demands of Central Government Employees such as withdrawal of PFRDA, ceiling on compassionate ground appointment, etc to the employees.
5. The General Council Meeting further decided to take active part in all meetings and conventions organised by Confederation of Central Government Employees & Workers, Central Trade Unions, jointly with state Government Employees Federation, Bank, Insurance and other public sector undertakings and organize explanatory meetings in all units.
6. The General Council further resolved to serve Strike Notice for 2nd September 2015 on 11th August 2015 along with all other Central Government Employees & workers as decided by Confederation of CG Employees and Workers by holding massive demonstrations at the respective work places.
(V.K. Patil) (A. Sreedharan)
ONE DAY STRIKE ON 2nd SEPTEMBER 2015
CHARTER OF DEMANDS
01. Urgent measures for containing price-rise through universalisation of public distribution system and banning speculative trade in commodity market.
02. Containing unemployment through concrete measures for employment generation.
03. Strict enforcement of all basic labour laws without any exception or exemption and stringent punitive measure for violation for labour laws.
4 04. Universal social security cover for all workers
5 05. Minimum wages of not less than Rs. 15,000/- per month with provisions of indexation.
06. Assured enhanced pension not less than Rs. 3000/- P.M. for the entire working population.
7 07. Stoppage of disinvestment in Central/State PSUs.
8 08. Stoppage of contractorisation in permanent perennial work and payment of same wage and benefits for contract workers as regular workers for same and similar work.
9 09. Removal of all ceilings on payment and eligibility of bonus, provident fund; increase the quantum of gratuity.
10. Compulsory registration of trade unions within a period of 45 days from the date of submitting applications; and immediate ratification of ILO Convention C 87 and C 98.
11. Against Labour Law Amendments
1 12. Against FDI in Railways, Insurance and Defence.
1 01. Effect wage revision of the Central Government Employees from 01.01.2014 accepting memorandum of the staff side JCM; ensure 5-year wage revision in future; grant interim relief and merger of 100% of DA; Include Gramin Dak Sevaks within the ambit of 7th CPC. Settle all anomalies of 6th CPC.
2 02. No Privatisation, PPP or FDI in Railways, Defence Establishment and no corporatization of Postal services.
3 03. No ban on creation of new posts. Fill up all vacant posts.
4 04. Scrap PFRDA Act an re-introduce the defined benefit statutory pension scheme.
5 05. No outsourcing, contractrisation, privatization of governmental functions; withdraw the proposed move to close down the printing presses, the publications, form stores and stationery departments and medical stores Depots; regularize the existing daily-rated/casual and contract workers and absorption of trained apprentices.
6 06. Revive the JCM functioning at all level as an effective negotiating forum for settlement of the demands of the Central Government Employees.
7 07. Remove arbitrary ceiling on compassionate appointment.
8 08. No labour reforms which are inimical to the interest of the workers.
9 09. Remove the ceiling on payment on bonus.
10. Ensure five promotions in the serve career.
ONE DAY STRIKE ON 2nd SEPTEMBER 2015
INDIA WORKING CLASS UNITEDLY
DEMANDS CHANGE OF POLICY
On 26th May, The day Modi Government at the Centre completed one year in office, Workers National Assembly at the Mavlankar Auditorium in the National Capital, New Delhi, in one voice condemned BJP-led NDA Government’s anti worker, anti-peasants, anti-people and pro-corporate, pro-MNC one year’s rule and declared country wide united protests and resistance through General Strike on 2nd September 2015 against these policies and to pursue 12 points charter of demands.
The unanimous declaration of the National Convention, organized by All the eleven Central Trade Unions and National Federations of Employees of all sectors and services condemned the Modi Government for bringing sweeping changes in the Land Acquisition Act permitting forcible acquisition of land from the farmers and drastically curbing farmer’s right to land and agricultural worker’s right to livelihood, bringing sweeping changes in the labour laws in favour of the employers, attack on the existing social securities like EPF, ESI benefits, cutting budgetary allocations to scheme which benefit the poor like MNREGA, dismantling of the Public Distribution System, disinvesting profit making public sector undertakings, Not implementing tripartite decisions of the successive Indian Labour Conferences (ILCs), Ignoring the 10 point demands submitted earlier by the Central Trade Union pending since UPA Government etc.
The Central Government Employees are the worst sufferers due to the policy offensives of the Government. No DA Merger, No Interim Relief, No retrospective date of effect to 7th CPC from 01.01.2014 as demanded by JCM Staff Side, refusal to include Gramin Dak Sewaks under 7thCPC, denial of revision of wages and regularization of casual labourers, non implementation of Cadre Restructuring agreement signed by Postal department and Postal federations, 5% condition on Compassionate appointment, non revision of bonus ceiling, non implementation of arbitration awards, non convening of JCM National Council are the one year balance sheet of the Modi Government in the Central Government employees sector. Over and above this, policy offensives like Task Force Committee Report on Postal Corporatisation, Bibek Debroy Committee Report on Railway privatisation, corporatisation of the 41 Ordinance factories in the defence sector, move to close down printing, stationery and publication department and Medical store depots, non filling up of vacancies, downsizing, outsourcing, contractrisation, privatisation, are also being implemented in an aggressive manner.
The atrocious attack on the working people of the country including Central Government employees should be combated resolutely. The anti worker character of the neo liberal policies and the capitalist class interest behind these policies must be thoroughly exposed. It is to resist and repulse these attacks on the working class that the united trade union movement gave a call for a country wide general strike on 2nd September 2015.
From 1991 onwards, when the Congress government started implementing these policies, Confederation of Central Government Employees & Workers has been opposing it and had joined the main stream of the working class in resisting the onslaught of imperialist globalization policies. Confederation National Executive had decided to join the one day strike on 2ndSeptember 2015.
This strike must act as a strong warning to the BJP-led Government that the working class of the country, which has a great history of struggles and sacrifices, is not going to let these attacks pass. We call upon the entire Central Government employees to join the strike en-masse and make it a grand success.