National Federation of Atomic Energy Employees
DEPARTMENT OF ATOMIC ENERGY
Recognised by DAE vide DAE OM No. 8/1/2007 – IR&W/95 dated 13th June 2007
JCM Office, Brindavan, Anusaktinagar, Mumbai 400 094
Ref. No: nfaee/sg/14/174 18.11.2014
Sub: Filing Court case on MACP
A meeting of the Steering Committee on monitoring MACP cases in various courts was held on 15th November 2014 at the office of the CPWD AE Association at New Delhi.
Representing NFAEE, Com. Jayaraj KV, Secretary General and Com. K.G. Bilaskar, Treasurer attended the meeting.
In the meeting the issue related to MACP and the present status of the court case were discussed in detail. Com. KTR. Pillai, the Convener has briefed about the present scenario. Following are the observations presented in the meeting:
· There are number of cases filed on MACP seeking grade hierarchy in place of grade pay hierarchy.
· At present 4 Special Leave Petition admitted in Supreme Court and the date for next hearing is 16th December 2014.
· All these 4 SLPs are filed by various Departments against the verdicts from various CAT on individual cases.
· If in any of the SLP verdict came against the plea for MACP on grade hierarchy, the entire issue will be become closed and the 7th CPC also may propose the MACP as existing.
· Thus it is very much important to fight the matter in Supreme Court by engaging senior Advocates.
· To engage senior advocates it is necessary to collect fund to support the individual case in Supreme Court
· It is also important to intervene by various Federations or associations to ensure the decision to extend in other departments also.
· CPWD Assistant Engineers Association already filed in various CAT and one of the CAT disposed their casing sighting the matter pending at Supreme Court. Accordingly they decided to intervene in the Supreme Court.
· Similarly NFAEE also proposed in the meeting instead of filing OA in CAT Mumbai, will explore the possibility to intervene in the Supreme Court
· Some more associations also may explore the possibility to make intervener in this case.
The meeting took following decisions:
· To collect fund to support the individual applicants in the Supreme Court. At least 15 lakhs should be collected
· To intervene by various Federations and all India Association
· CPWD AE Association intimated that they will file an SLP for intervention
· NFAEE committed to become an intervener
On behalf of NFAEE Com. K.G. Bilaskar presented the developments in DAE in the matter of MACP and the effort being taken by Federation to mobilize the MACP affected employees.
The meeting was addressed by Com. S.K. Vyas, Adviser Confederation of Central Government Employees & Workers (CCGEW), Com. Vrighu Bhattachargee, Treasurer CCGEW and Secretary General All India Civil Accounts Employees Association, Com. Jayaraj K.V Asst. Secretary CCGEW and the Secretary General NFAEE, Shri. R.K. Singh, General Secretary All India CPW Asst. Engineers Association, etc.
The meeting was attended by more than 17 all India organisation representing various ministries
After the meeting, NFAEE representatives met a leading advocate of the Supreme Court at his chamber in the Bar Association in the Supreme Court building and discussed about the possibility of intervention, financial part for becoming a part, arranging senior advocate for argument, etc
Advocate informed the following:
- Association/Federation with affected employees can become intervener
- For filing the petition, co ordination, engaging the senior advocates and follow up Rs 1 lakh will be the expenditure
- For senior advocate the cost may be Rs1.5 lakh and above
- The petition should be moved by month end itself.
As there is no much time to move as an intervener all affiliates are requested to do the following in war foot measure:
- To collect the complete list of MAC affected employees from the concerned administration
- To collect Rs 1000/- as first installment immediately by cash or cheque with in a week time
- To foreword the list and cash/cheque to NFAEE head quarters immediately.
- Minimum Rs 6lakhs should be collected and kept ready before moving the petition in the Supreme Court.
All are requested to seriously to act and take the employees into confidence and get ready to move the petition in the Supreme Court.
With fraternal Greetings
Address for Correspondence: Jayaraj. KV, Secretary General, NFAEE
PESS/UED; BARC, Trombay, Mumbai 400 085
Tel. No: (O): 022 – 25596519; (Res): 022 – 25554179; (Mobile): 9869501189