DAE Departmental Council (JCM)
JCM Office, Brindavan. Anushakthi Nagar, Mumbai 400 094.
Gist of the 64th DC meeting held on
30/7/2012 at OYC, DAE, Mumbai.
The meeting started at with the introduction speech from both official side and the staff side. Before the commencement of the introductory speech, the leader staff side had presented a bouquet to the AS for his promotion to the Special Secretary and congratulate him on behalf of the staff side. The Secretary, staff side, strongly reiterated the anxiety of the staffs about the delayed action from the Department in various issues and he also pointed out the staff side’s anguish to the Department about the negative approach towards some of our genuine demands. Later, during staff side secretary’s speech he handed over the resolution resolved in the pre DC meeting about the delay and deny attitude of the department towards various issues discussed in the previous meetings.
Later as requested by the Secretary Staff side the matter contained in the resolution has taken up for discussion and followed the ATR for discussion. Since the corrections in the minutes were already done by the subcommittee, the minute is approved.
Gist of the discussion on ATR is given below:
1. Periodical meeting of RC: This point was already been discussing from the last two DC meetings and even with the directives of the Chairman, DC the HWB was reluctant to activate the JCM forum at Board level. The staff side strongly expressed their displeasure on the board’s attitude and the chairman agreed to this point for a JCM at HW board level.
2. Meetings of Administrative heads for discussing various issues including interpretation of rules and Government orders for uniform implementation in the units: Department already implemented the same and one such meeting was already conveyed. The request of the staff side to include two representatives from the staff side was not agreed to at present and the department agreed to extend the liberty to the staff side to submit the views on a particular order. The participation may consider in a later stage. The interaction programme with the Administrative Heads along with the Union/Federation will work out by Head Personnel Division BARC.
3. Canteen related issues: During the discussion the staff side highlighted the injustice that had happened in the past to this category of employees. Upon detailed discussion and the request of the staff side, the chairman agreed to explore the possibility to implement the proposed promotion norms immediately to the canteen staff by an executive order. Finally he also agreed to do so and assigned to do the necessary follow ups to one his joint secretary to get the approval of the original proposal.
4. Grant of scale of pay of Rs. 4000-100-6000 to T/B as per the recommendations of the 5th CPC for signing of Disagreement: Official side explained the factual situation of this matter. The request of the staff side to furnish the details of the cabinet note/the queries sought by the ministry to the staff side was declined by the official side by stating that even the cabinet note need not to be given through RTI. But to request form the staff side for the details, the official side agreed to furnish the details of the file so that the staff side can use their rapport to speed up the action.
5. Promotion of Helpers/Attendants: The staff side highlighted their distress on non- implementation of the decision taken by the Chairman, AEC in the meeting held on
29/07/2011 with the representatives of
NFAEE. But the official
side explained that there is no need of separate committee to review the norms
of Work Assistant because they have well discussed the matter/suggestion with
various representatives including NFAEE. Hence forming a committee further is
unwarranted. Staff side express their displeasure and requested to condone the prescribed
training period for the employees at the verge of retirement and who have no
sufficient service to have such training was
declined by the official side. Further the official side informed that the
guidelines for the induction training were already issued prior to two days
before the DC meeting. Hence there will not be any further delay to conduct the
6. Deduction in the PRIS on the basis of EL/HPL availed: The staff side pointed out the clarification discussed in the last DC meeting was not covered in the clarification issued on
20/03/2012. The request of the staff side to
extend the PRIS to the
individuals during the Departmental inquiry period and the punishment period.A detailed
study will be carried out in this issue. The official side agreed to circulate
a new clarification with clarity for the point raised by the staff side about
the regularisation of PRIS in the case of employees exonerated from the charges
which was discussed in the last DC meeting. This clarification also will
properly mention the eligibility days for PRIS.
7. Counting the training period of CAT-I and II trainees for grant of annual increment: The official side expressed their inability to count the training period for granting annual increment by pointing the clarification sought from the DoPT. However the staff side requested for time to submit further documents if any to substantiate their demand.
8. Promotion of canteen employees: The status of this issue is stand same as pointed out in the serial no:3 as mentioned above.
9. Constitution of 3rd Cadre Review Committee: The staff side submitted that even after the decision of the Chairman, AEC to constitute 3rd CRC, no action was initiated by the official side till today. The secretary staff side strongly expressed the discontentment of the staff side for the delay by the official side. However the chairman agreed to constitute the 3rd CRC in principally. Up on insisting from the staff side the chairman agreed to constitute same within 40 days time.
10. Promotion and pay structures of DPS staff: The status of the official side is as same as mentioned in the ATR. Draft proposal is with PMO and the clarifications were sent to the observations made by the PMO. Official side is expecting the approval with in due course of time. The official side also agreed to the request of the staff side to speed up the procedure to have an early implementation.
11. Promotion and pay structures of DPS staff: The clarification sought by the PMO was answered and the approved proposal is expecting shortly.
12. Discontinuation and reimbursement of amount due to fidelity bond for Storekeepers: The official side submitted that a positive reply is received from the department of Expenditure and the same was referred to Member Finance. The official side stated that a positive decision is expected shortly.
13. Integration/restructuring of purchases and stores cadre: The status of the matter is already explained in sl.no 10.
14. Deletion of names from the priority list for Departmental accommodation that have become non eligible for the particular category of accommodation: The Secretary Staff side submitted that no clarification was received by him from the department and the data furnished in the ATR is far from the fact. The official side immediately handed over the copy of the clarification they received from DoPT to the secretary staff side. At this juncture the staff side submitted the recently developed issue of inclusion of the employees who become eligible for higher type of accommodation consequence upon their promotion. The employees become eligible for higher type of accommodation consequence upon their promotion were not included in the priority list. The reason was stated that their fixation work was not completed within the stipulated time. The staff side could persuade the subject to the Special Secretary and the official side agreed to incorporate such employees in the priority list before August 2012 allotment schedule. The chairman of the forum gave required instructions to the CAO, DCSEM to implement the decision. It is also decided by the Chairman to change the allotment year from January to December to April-March .However the official side rejected the request of the staff side to retain the names of the employees in the priority list in the same category who have become non eligible for the particular category of accommodation. According to the official this is the clarification received from DoPT.
15. Rectification of pay fixation anomalies of temporary status employees conferred against regular post: This matter is referred to DOPT and not yet received any reply.
16. Holding of office council meeting by Units periodically: Necessary instructions were given all unit heads to conduct meetings regularly vide department Note dated
17. Rent free allotment of community hall etc for Staff Association for holding Meetings/Seminars: The Department agreed this agenda and already issued instructions to all Administrative Heads of Units in this regard on
27/03/2012. With this the staff side agreed to close the agenda.
18. Two additional increments to the employee’s empanneled and waiting for post: The official side submitted that the matter is under examination and wherever it is extended due to long pending list. But in DAE such a pending list does not exist. But the staff side very well submitted the legitimate of the demand and requested to extend the increments or refer to DOPT for clarification.
19. Patient Care Allowance to Dental Technician at HWP (M): The official side submitted that this could be possible only after the approval from Member for Finance. The staff side requested to implement the same with immediate effect. The staff side pointed out the benefit should be extended retrospectively as the same is being paid in other Units. To this official side agreed to explore the possibility of the same.
20. Security cadre Recruitment Rules: The official side explained the present status of the issue. Draft rule were sent to PMO for approval, and the clarification sought by PMO are being attended to. The request of the staff side to expedite the follow ups was greed by the chairman. The official side agreed that there are two issues i.e. recruitment rules and up gradation of posts.
21. The secretary staff side pointed out that some of the issues discussed in the last DC in any other matter with the permission of the chair were not reflected in the ATR. He also pointed out that this omission from the official side is very serious lapse from the official side and directly shows the negligence of the official side.
He also requested to discuss the same in DC and sought the status of these issues. Hence the Chairman agreed to discuss those issues given below:
a) Risk allowance: Grant of Risk Allowance to the employees working in sewerage lines in GSO, Kalpakkam before outsourcing the job was declined by the official side.
b) Grant of NRPSA: the request from the staff side to compensate the difference of working hours between general shift and Round O’ clock in clash was declined by the official side by stating that already NRPSA was revised and no further revision is feasible. At this juncture the staff side had requested to enter the disagreement of the staff side and requested to initiate necessary procedure for making a disagreement.
c) Qualification Incentive Scheme: HPD, BARC will furnish the details of the QIS status to the staff side. Request for inclusion of any unit shall be forwarded to the Chairman of the QIS committee by the individual association and the QIS committee will take necessary decision on that request.
After detailed discussion on the ATR the agenda submitted by the staff side were taken for discussion.
1. Removing of ‘Non-Gazetted’ status of Group –A ‘Scientific Assistants’: In this point the staff side forward sufficient arguments and asked for the separate meeting in this regard.
2. Constitution of 3rd Cadre review committee: Since the same was discussed and finalised in the sl. No: 9 in ATR discussion.
3. Changes in Allotment rules and preparation of priority list in every six months: Since the same was discussed and finalised in the SL. No: 14 in ATR discussion.
4. Removal of restriction on Air travel in the case of officers in the Grade pay Rs. 5400/-: The request of the staff side to extend this facility to all eligible employees was declined by the official side stating that no further increase in expenditure is possible because in the current austerity measure on expenditure. This will make a review in a later stage.
5. Preparation of question papers in local language for the post of Work Assistants: The official sought more details and asked for any supportive documents to substantiate the staff side demand. The staff side agreed to submit the documents later.
6. Additional vehicles for the employees escorting goods vehicles of the department: This matter was not discussed in detailed because HPD and Controller BARC agreed look in to this matter with the authority of RMP Mysore.
Due to scarcity of time, the issues kept in rejected list could not be discussed and may be taken in future meetings. The meeting concluded with conveying gratitude to both side.
Secretary Staff Side
DAE Departmental Council (JCM)