CONFEDERATION OF CENTRAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES AND WORKERS
Manishinath Bhawan, A/2/95 Rajouri Garden, New Delhi. 110 027
Website:confederationhq.blogspot.com, E mail: email@example.com.
Phone: 011 2510 5324, Fax: 011 2510 5324, Mobile: 98110 48303
Conf/D-9/2010 Dated: 13th August, 2010
The Cabinet Secretary
Rashtrapathy Bhawan Annexe
New Delhi. 110 001
This is to give notice that the employees who are members of the affiliates of the Confederation of Central Government employees and workers will go on one day's strike on 7th September, 2010. The charter demands in pursuance of which the employees will embark upon the one day strike action is enclosed.
Encl: charter of demands.
Charter of demands.
1. Price rise of essential commodities to be contained through appropriate corrective and distributive measures like universal PDS and containing speculation in commodity market.
2. Concrete proactive measures to be taken for linkage of employment protection in the recession stricken sectors with the stimulate package being offered to the concerned entrepreneurs and for augmenting public investment in infrastructure.
3. Strict enforcement of all basic labour laws without any exception or exemption and stringent punitive measures for violation of labour laws.
4. Steps to be taken for removal of all restrictive provisions based on poverty line in respect of eligibility of converge of the schemes under the Unorganized Workers Social Security Act 2008 and creation of National Fund for the Unorganized Sector to provide for a National Floor Level Social Security to all unorganized Sector workers including the contract/casual workers in line with the recommendation of National Commission on Enterprises in Unorganized Sector and Parliamentary Standing Committee on Labour.
5. Disinvestment of shares of Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs) is not resorted to for meeting budgetary deficit and instead their growing reserve and surplus is used for expansion and modernization purpose and also for revival of sick Public Sector Undertakings.
6. Fill up all vacant posts and lift the ban on recruitment.
7 Stop outsourcing/contractorisation of Governmental functions
8. Regularise all daily rated workers/employees/;Grameen Dak Sewaks and remove the ceiling on compassionate appointments; end the discrimination in the bonus ceiling of GDS employees.
9. Withdraw PFRDA bill and extend the statutory defined benefit pension scheme to all Government employees
10. Guarantee right to strike as a fundamental right of employees.