National Federation of Atomic Energy Employees
DEPARTMENT OF ATOMIC ENERGY
Recognised by DAE vide DAE OM No. 8/1/2007 – IR&W/95 dated 13th June 2007
NFAEE OFFICE, Opp: NIYAMAK BHAVAN, Anusaktinagar, Mumbai 400 094
Web site: www.nfaeehq.blogspot.com; Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ref. No: nfaee/sg/12/42 03.02.2012
Please find herewith the copy of the following attachments:
• Minutes of the General Council Meeting held on 22nd January 2012 at Mumbai
• Draft notice for issuing Strike Notice on 13th February 2012 to the Head of Units
• Letter to the Department for bilateral discussion
All affiliates are requested to take immediate action on implantation of the programme
The delay in circulation was due to finalization of the agenda item to be submitted to the Department for bilateral discussion
To brief about the decisions in the General Council and to explain about the importance of the Nation wide Strike on 28th January 2012, The Secretariat appeal to all affiliates to hold General meetings of employees from 13th February 2012. National Executive Committee Members of NFAEE shall attend such meetings.
With fraternal Greetings
Address for Correspondence: Jayaraj. KV, Secretary General, NFAEE
PESS/UED; BARC, Trombay, Mumbai 400 085
Tel. No: (O): 022 – 25596011; (Res): 022 – 2746 4704; (Mobile): 9869501189
Email Address: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Draft Strike NoticeTo
(The Head 0f Unit)
Sub: Notice for Strike
This is to give notice that the as per the call given by the Confederation of Central Government Employees and Workers (CCGEW) and National Federation of Atomic Energy Employees (NFAEE) employees who are members of the this association will go on one day's strike on 28th February, 2012. The charter of demands in pursuance of which the employees will embark upon the one day strike action is enclosed.
Charter of demands.
1. Concrete measures to contain price rise.
2. Concrete measures for linkage of employment protection with the concession/incentive package offered to the entrepreneurs,
3. Strict enforcement of all basic labour laws without any exception or exemption and stringent punitive measures for violation of labour laws
4. Universal social security covers for the unorganized sector workers without any restriction
5. Creation of a National Social Security Fund with adequate resources in line with the recommendation, of NCEUS and Parliamentary Standing Committees on Labour, Stoppage of disinvestment in Central and State PSUs, the Central Trade Unions also demand immediate action by the Govt. of India to en sure:
6. No Contractorisatlon of work of permanent/perennial nature and payment of wages and benefits to the contract workers at the same rate as available to the regular workers of the Industry/establishment
7. Amendment of Minimum Wages Act to ensure universal coverage irrespective of the schedules and fixation of statutory minimum wage at not less than Rs 10,000/-,
8. Remove the ceilings on payment and eligibility of Bonus, Provident Fund; Increase the quantum of gratuity.
9. Scrap PFRDA Bill/New Pension Scheme; Ensure pension for all.
10. Compulsory registration of trade unions within a period of 45 days and immediate ratification of ILO conventions 87 and 98.
1. Stop downsizing, outsourcing, contractorisation, coporatorisation and privatization of Governmental functions.
2.Fill up all vacant posts and create posts on functional requirements.
3. Revise wages of CGEs with effect from 1.1.2011 and every five years thereafter.
4. Regularize the GDS, daily rated workers, contingent and casual workers by bringing about a definite scheme of regularization.
5. Remove restriction imposed on compassionate appointment (end the discrimination on compassionate appointment between the Railway workers and other CGEs).
6. Stop the move to introduce the productivity linked wage system; Performance related pay; introduce PLB in all Departments; remove the ceiling of emoluments for bonus computation.
7. Settle all items of anomalies (including the MACP related anomalies) raised in the National and Departmental Anomaly Committee within a fixed time frame of two months; Set up the anomaly committees in those Departments where it has not been set up till date with the Standing Committee Members of the National Council; Convene the meeting of the Departmental Council in all Ministries / Departments once in three months as envisaged in the JCM Scheme.
8. Make the right to strike a legal right and stop curtailment of TU Rights.
9. Implement all Arbitration Awards.
10. Raise the interest rate for GPF; Revise the OTA and Night Duty Allowance and Stitching and Clothing Rates of Uniforms.
11. Merge DA with Pay for all purposes including Pension as and when the DA rates cross the 50% mark
12. Vacate all Trade Union Victimizations.
1. Immediate action on long pending issues of Scientific Assistants
A. Ensure Track change from SA to SO/TO without out linking additional qualifications
B. Ensure Grade pay Rs4600 to existing SA B and cascading effect should be made to the next higher grades
C. Fulfill the commitment given by the Department in the affidavit filed in the court to maintain the status of Pay & Allowances of SA’s on par with that of Scientific Officer.
2. Restore the promotion awarded to the Work Assistants (erstwhile Mali, Helper, etc) after 01.01.2006 and extend promotional benefits to all by fixing their pay in the next Grade Pay
3. Discrepancies in the technical staff pay & promotion
A. Ensure the promotional benefit for senior most technical staff on par with their juniors as per the revised norms. (Ensure the senior technicians also attaining the Grade Pay of Rs7600 by 33 years as in the case of juniors as per the revised promotional norms)
B. Restore the advance increment given to the CAT II trainees after their successful completion of training and absorption in the Department
C. Entry level for CAT II trainees should be Technician C with additional increment as the case may be
4. Revise the eligibility criteria for Departmental accommodation in the DAE Allotment Rules
5. One more option should be given to all Technical Staff to switch over from CPF to GPF as given by Department of Space
6. Revise all allowances
A. Revise the Overtime Allowance, Night Duty Allowance as done by Ministry of Railways
B. Revise the NRPSA as actual compensation
7. Recruitment Rules and Promotion Norms for auxiliary and DPS Staff
a. Notify immediately the new Recruitment Rules and Promotion Norms for Canteen, Security Staff
b. Notify immediately the new Recruitment Rules Promotion Norms for Purchase & Staff personnel
c. Formulate Promotion Norms for Drivers as applicable in the case of Technical personnel
d. Constitute the Third Cadre Review Committee immediately and ensure representation for NFAEE
e. Action may initiate to convert Store personnel into Technical
8. Remove the discrepancies in PRIS
A. PRIS (G) should be extended to the employees belongs to the supporting units such as DCSEM, GSO, DPS, etc on par with the parent organization for which these units works
B. PRIS (I) should be extended to all auxiliary, administrative, accounts, Purchase & Store personnel during their promotion
C. Before finalizing the PRIS target recognized unions and associations should be taken into confidence
9. Extend Tribal Allowances to the DAE employees on par with the state Government rate where DAE units stationed
10. Restart HWP Tuticorine immediately
11. Ensure Safety & Security of all DAE installations
A. Stop downsizing, out sourcing of DAE activities. Recruit man power in proportionate to the expansion of projects and activities of the Department
B. Immediately scrap all contractual assignment in operational & maintenance, other strategic points such as security, administrative work, etc awarded in various Nuclear installations
C. Follow all Safety regulations stipulated by AERB and BARC Safety Advisory Council
12. Extend facilities to NFAEE offices and Chief executives of the Federation
a. Proper Office facility should be given to NFAEE
b. Telephone, Internet, Fax, permission for using mobile phone, etc, should be extended to the Chief Executive of the Federation.