National Federation of Atomic Energy Employees
DEPARTMENT OF ATOMIC ENERGY
Recognised by DAE vide DAE OM No. 8/1/2007 – IR&W/95 dated 13th June 2007
JCM Office, Brindavan, Anusaktinagar, Mumbai 400 094
Web site: www.nfaee.blogspot.com ;
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ref. No: nfaee/sg/14/162 09.11.2014
A joint delegation of NFAEE and affiliated unions and associations of Mumbai met the 7th Central Pay Commission on 7th November 2014 at the Sahyadri Guest House, Malabar Hill, Mumbai. The meeting was started by 3.20pm and ended by 4.40pm. The Pay Commission agreed to pool the time slot given to Federation and the unions and associations sought for appointment. As the BARC Employees Association representatives reached the venue late, they met separately the Pay Commission.
The Pay Commission was represented the following Members and officials of the 7th Central Pay Commission:
1. Justice A.K. Mathur Chairman 7th CPC
2. Smt. Meena Agarwal Member Secretary 7th CPC
3. Shri. Vivek Rae Member 7th CPC
4. Shri. Rathin Roy Member 7th CPC
5. Shri. Smair Kumar Sinha Jt. Secretary 7th CPC
6. Shri. Rajiv Mishra Adviser 7th CPC
7. Shri. Mudit Mittal Director 7th CPC
The following were in the delegation of NFAEE and affiliates:
1. Com. Jayarj KV Secretary General NFAEE
2. Com. V.K Patil Working President NFAEE & Chairman AIADPS(S)SA
3. Com. A. Sreedharan Working President NFAEE & Gen. Secretary AEWSU
4. Com. K.G. Bilaskar Treasurer NFAEE & Gen. Sec. DPS (DAE)EA
5. Com. P.M. Worlikar Org. Secretary NFAEE & President AEWSU
6. Com. G. Ramesh Jt. Treasurer NFAEE
7. Com. B.J. Lokhande Treasurer AEWSU BARC
8. Com. Samkutty Jt. Secretary AEWSU BARC
9. Com. Baburaj MC Member AEWSU BARC
10. Com. R.R Mohite Secretary General AIAEDPS(S)SA DPS
11. Com. Ankush Palande Vice President DPS (DAE) EA DPS
12. Com. S.M Lokre CMC DPS (DAE)EA DPS
13. Com. Saurab Wilton Secretary (WR) DPS (DAE) EA DPS
14. Com. Sunil Pawar Gen. Secretary DCSEMSA DCSEM
15. Com. Vijay Ughade Treasurer DCSEMSA DCSEM
16. Com. S.V. More President HWBEA HWB
17. Com. R.S. Thokale Gen. Secretary HWBEA HWB
18. Com. B.D. Shinde Gen. Secretary DAE Sec. SA DAE
On behalf of NFAEE Com. Jayaraj KV Secretary General wished with a flower bouquet to Justice A.K. Mathur, the Chairman of the Pay Commission and on behalf of all affiliates Com. P.M. Worlikar handed over a bouquet to Nithin Roy
A note prepared by the Federation contains the gist of the Memorandum submitted by the Federation to the 7th Central Pay Commission was handed over to the Chairman and all other members and officials of the Pay Commission.
Secretary General initiated the oral presentation and narrated the issues pertaining to the central government employees in general and of DAE in specific. In the briefing the issues such as about the Department, difference with the convention activities of the Government employees and DAE, minimum pay, difference in the pay structure proposed by the National JCM, discrepancy in the pay structure, increment, fitment formula, fixation of pay on promotion, date of effect, Allowances and advances, Facilities, Leave and holidays, Pension, DAE specific Allowances, Pay Structure for DAE employees etc were covered in the presentation.
The issues such as Over time Duty Allowance, Night Duty Allowance, NRPSA, MACP, Canteen Facilities, Patient Care Allowance, Cadre Review, Promotion for administrative & auxiliary cadres, Downsizing and contracturisation, Radiation and hazardous Allowances, PRIS, QIS. Etc was given more elaborated presentation and answered the question raised by the members and officials in between. On pay structure and promotional avenues of DAE employees also explained to the Pay Commission. The denial of pay structure proposed by 5th CPC to the technicians, the disparity in the pay structure implemented after 6th CPC for Scientific Assistants, denial of Track Change on par with DOS, the denial of better pay structure and promotional avenues for Security staff etc also explained and requested to the Pay Commission to take care of those categories.
The issues of Store Keeping Staff (Purchase and Stores) has been separately briefed and a note also been submitted. The denial of the pay structure recommended by 5th CPC and denial of parity with similarly placed categories of employees in Railways, Defence, etc were brought to the notice of the Pay Commission and requested the Pay Commission to recommend specifically for store keeping staff as done by 5th CPC, so that the Department/Government bound to act on that.
Apart from Secretary General, Com, A. Sreedharan, V.K. Patil, K.G. Bilaskar, G. Ramesh, Worlikar, Baburaj, Samkutty, Vijay Ughade, etc also presented their views.
Earlier the Pay Commission had a visit in BARC and it is understood that the Commission had a site visit, in Dhruva, WIP, DRHR, etc and had presentation about the DAE activities in the Modular Lab Auditorium, in which all senior most officials of DAE and major units such as BARC, HWB, etc participated.
The copy of the gist submitted to the Pay Commission is attached herewith
With Fraternal Greetings
Address for Correspondence: Jayaraj. KV, Secretary General, NFAEE
PESS/UED; BARC, Trombay, Mumbai 400 085
Tel. No: (O): 022 – 25596519; (Res): 022 – 25554179; (Mobile): 9869501189