National Federation of Atomic Energy Employees
DEPARTMENT OF ATOMIC ENERGY
Recognised by DAE vide DAE OM No. 8/1/2007 – IR&W/95 dated 13th June 2007
JCM Office, Brindavan, Anusaktinagar, Mumbai 400 094
Ref.No: nfaee/sg/15/077 08.04.2015
Sub: Oral presentation before 7th Central Pay Commission
on 6th April 2015 at New Delhi.
The 7th Central Pay Commission had invited the National Federation of Atomic Energy Employees (NFAEE) for oral presentation on 6th April 2015 at its office at Qutub Institutional Area, New Delhi.
Following Office bearers of the Federation appeared before the Pay Commission for the presentation:
Jayaraj KV Secretary General BARC Mumbai
A. Sreedharan Working President BARC Mumbai
K.G. Bilaskar Treasurer DPS Mumbai
D.K. Kharol Org. Secretary HWP Kota
KV Murugaraj Org. Secretary GSO Kalpakkam
G. Ramesh Jt. Treasurer HWP Manuguru
All the members of the Pay Commission along with Jt. Secretary, Advisor and other assistants were participated from the Pay Commission side. During the presentation the Chairman called the official in charge for Allowances and looking after the DAE portfolio and asked them to take note of Department specific issues. All the members were interactive and sought clarification and asked to elaborate various issues pertaining to the Department.
A detailed note on general issues as well as Department specific was submitted for the reference of the Pay Commission.
Following issues were placed before the Commission:
· Minimum wage should be based on the Dr. Aykhroid Formula. The Staff side demanded Rs. 26000/- as minimum pay based on the market valuation of 2014 and the date of effect should be 01.01.2014.
· In any case the Pay Commission propose date of effect after 01.01.2014 the inflation in the market and the DA given to the government employees should be considered for arriving minimum pay
· Grade Pay system should be removed
· The number of scales should not be further compressed, which may result anomalies to those employees got promotion.
· In any case merger of pay scales suggest the pay Commission, the higher scale in the merged group should be upgraded into the next higher grade in the proposed pay structure
· Expressed our agreement with other proposals of the National JCM on Interim Relief, DA Merger, multiplication factor, Fitment formula, general allowances and advances, pension and retirement benefits, etc.
· Elaborately explained about the Departmental specific allowances such as NRPSA, QIS, PRIS and the need of revision in Overtime Allowance and Night Duty Allowance.
· The need of continuation of the facilities such as Canteen, etc also brought to the notice of the Pay Commission.
· The difference in the activities of the Department comparing with the conventional department also explained and pleaded for the improved pay structure for the DAE employees.
· Briefly explained various categories of employees existing in the department
· The activities of various categories of employees such as Work Assistant, Canteen Staff, Security Staff, Drivers, Technician, Scientific Assistants, Medical Staff, Fire Staff, Administrative Staff, Purchase and Sore staff, etc were explained.
· Pointed out the categorization of employees and conversion of Gazetted status
· Track change based on the service also brought to the notice and the order issued by the Government of India in this aspect has been handed over to the Pay Commission.
There was detailed discussion on all issues we brought out. The historical back ground of NRPSA, QIS, Overtime Allowance, etc was explained and the commission noted. When we mentioned the NRPSA was implemented based on an arbitration award, the Chairman asked the officer in charge concerned on Allowances to study the issue in proper and make the note on that.
From the discussion, it is observed that the Commission in General is of the view that the Grade Pay System want to be discard and the Commission may submit its report in due course.
In general the meeting was cordial and satisfactory as far as concern to present the issues.
With warm greetings
Address for Correspondence: Jayaraj. KV, Secretary General, NFAEE
PESS/UED; BARC, Trombay, Mumbai 400 085
Tel. No: (O): 022 – 25596519; (Res): 022 – 25554179; (Mobile): 9869501189